About Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited
TATA AIG Car Insurance is an insurance product of Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited. Tata AIA General Insurance Company Limited commenced its operations in India in January 2001. Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited Company is a joint venture between Tata Group and American International Group (AIG). In this, the Tata Group holds 51% and the AIG Group holds 49%. Tata AIA General Insurance Company is headquartered in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
Tata AIG General Insurance Company is known to be a preferred choice of insurance products in India and offers a variety of insurance products such as automobile insurance, property insurance, travel insurance, accident insurance etc. You can buy insurance products from this company either online or offline.
In this article we will know in detail about Tata AIA AIG Car Insurance/TATA AIG Car Insurance/TATA AIG Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy/TATA AIG Auto Insurance.
Features And Benefits Of Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy
Important features and benefits of TATA AIG Car Insurance (TATA AIG Auto Insurance Policy/ TATA AIG Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy) policy are mentioned below.
- Own Damage Cover-
It covers any kind of loss or damage caused to your vehicle. Depreciation is deducted from this.
- Third-Party Coverage-
TATA AIG Car Insurance also provides you third party coverage. In the event of an accident when a third party is injured or his property is damaged, the costs are covered by the insurance company as per the policy document. You have no need to worry about the third-party damages.
- Personal Accident Cover-
In this policy you are provided personal accident insurance cover. If the insured person suffers physical injury due to a road accident, then the insurance company provides you an insurance amount of up to Rs 15 lakh as compensation, depending on the nature of the injury.
- Add-on Cover-
TATA AIG Car Insurance offers you the option to choose add-on covers. You can choose from a wide range of 13 add-on covers. There are some add-on covers like- depreciation coverage, consumable coverage etc.
- Incidental loss or damage-
If there is any kind of accidental damage or loss to your car then it is also covered under this insurance policy. For example, the cover is provided by the insurance company in case of damages caused due to explosion, lightning, fire, burglary, theft, house breaking, terrorism, malicious activities, natural calamity etc.
- Cashless Network Garage-
TATA AIG Car Insurance also provides you the facility of cashless network garages. You can avail this facility at over 3000 cashless network garages of the company.
- Read Also Close SBI Credit Card
- Auto Damage Premium Waiver-
In TATA AIG Car Insurance you are also provided discount on auto damage premium. This discount is provided to persons who are members of the Automobile Association of India. Therefore, to avail this benefit, you must be a member of the Automobile Association of India.
- Renewal Process-
The renewal process of Tata AIA car insurance policy is quite easy and hassle-free. You can renew it online in just a few steps.
Types Of Tata AIG Car Insurance
Three types of car insurance policies are available in India-
- Third Party Car Insurance Policy
- Own Damage Car Insurance Policy
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Of these three insurance policies, third party insurance policy is legally required to drive a vehicle in India. Therefore, it is important for you to take at least one third party insurance policy.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy (TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy/TATA AIG Auto Insurance Policy/TATA AIG Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy) offers all three types of insurance policies. So let us know more about these three types of Tata AIA car insurance policy.
- Stand Alone Third Party Car Insurance Policy
Tata AIG Third Party Car Insurance Policy provides insurance cover only against damages caused to the third party. This means that the financial loss caused by the insured car to third party vehicles and injury and even death to a third party person is covered by the insurance company. Hence the policyholder is protected against financial loss caused to third parties.
- Stand Alone Own Damage Car Insurance Policy
TATA AIG Car Insurance offers standalone own damage car insurance policy for cars purchased from 2018 onwards. This policy does not cover any third party damage rather it only covers the damage caused to the insured car.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Tata AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy provides protection against third party damages and liabilities as well as against damages caused to the insured car. The damage covered may also be due to accidents, natural calamities, terrorism and riots.
Additionally a comprehensive policy gives you the option to include a variety of add-on covers to extend the policy coverage and provide protection against specific conditions.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Coverage
Any accidental damage or loss caused to the car is covered under TATA AIG Car Insurance coverage. As-
- Car theft.
- Vandalism in the house.
- Property damage and bodily injuries to third parties.
- Damage from strikes and riots.
- Natural disasters (floods, earthquakes etc.)
- Losses resulting from acts of terrorism.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Exclusions
There are certain circumstances in the Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy under which no car insurance benefit is provided in case of loss or damage. Now we will discuss about some of these circumstances.
- consequential damage.
- depreciation or wear and tear.
- Breakdown (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Damage outside the scope of geographical coverage.
- Consumption of alcohol before driving.
- Events beyond specific usage limits.
- Claims outside the scope of policy coverage.
- Driving without valid license.
- War incidents.
- Nuclear danger.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Plans
- Private Car Insurance Plan
- Commercial Vehicle Plan
- Second Hand Car Insurance Plan
Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal Process
You can easily renew Tata AIG Car Insurance (TATA AIG Auto Insurance Policy/ TATA AIG Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy) through online medium. Now you do not need to go to the branch office of the insurance company, stand in long queues and do not need to fill any form. Today you can renew your Tata AIG Car Insurance policy in just a few seconds.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal Process is very easy and simple as well as convenient. To complete the Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal Process, you will need to provide the information related to your car insurance policy. Now we will talk in detail about the renewal process of Tata AIG car insurance policy through online process.
- Log on to the website of Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited,
- Click on the Car Insurance tab,
- Click on the option ‘Renew existing policy’,
- You will be redirected to ‘Renew Online’ tab,
- Now fill in the details of your existing Tata AIG car insurance policy. As-
- Policyholder’s name
- Client ID
- Engine number of the insured car
- Chassis number of the insured car
- Registration number of the insured vehicle
- Source of Income – Information related to salary, business, or any other source has to be filled.
- Contact information such as your email address, mobile number has to be provided.
- After this, you will have to pay the premium through your credit or debit card.
- The policy will be issued to you online and the related documents will be sent to you through online medium.