SBI Accidental Insurance Policy
SBI Accidental Insurance Policy is an insurance product from SBI General Insurance Company. SBI General Insurance Company is the result of a joint venture between two companies namely State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG). SBI General Insurance offers a range of different types of insurance products in India. Like- Motor Insurance, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Home Insurance etc.
SBI Accident Insurance Plans
There are two types of SBI Accidental Insurance Plan offered by SBI General Insurance Company. Now let us know in detail about these two SBI accident insurance plans offered by SBI General Insurance.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance Plan
Under a group accident insurance, you can buy a personal accident insurance plan for a group. This insurance plan covers loss of life that occurs as a result of a personal accident. In this, the sum insured is chosen by the customer as per his requirement. If he opts for a higher sum assured, he has to pay a slightly higher premium.
- Individual Personal Accident Insurance Plan
Under an individual accident insurance plan, only one person is provided with the benefit of the accident insurance plan. If an accident results in the death or disability of a person or loss of income, a personal accident insurance plan compensates for it.
Eligibility For SBI Accident Insurance Policy
- A person should be a permanent resident of India to buy this plan.
- The person must have a savings account with SBI Bank or must have a bank account with any bank affiliated to SBI Bank.
- To buy this plan, the age of the person should be between 18 years to 65 years.
SBI Accident Insurance Policy Exclusions
SBI Accidental Insurance Policy does not cover certain things. Following are the exclusions of SBI Accidental Insurance Policy-
- Suicide and self injury.
- HIV or AIDS infection.
- Accidents that occur under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicant.
- Accidents due to participation in riots, crime or civil commotion.
- Accidents during learning or operating an aircraft.
- Accidents in cases of war, civil war, invasion, rebellion, revolution, act of foreign enemy, etc.
- nuclear damage.
- Accidents due to participation in adventure or dangerous sports.
- Complications related to childbirth and pregnancy.
- Accidents caused by illegal act or violation of law or resistance to arrest.