The need to write an application to start a closed account arises when the account holder does not do transactions with his account for a long time. Once the account is closed, the facility of deposit and withdrawal of money in that account is stopped. In such a situation, the bank employee is asked to write an application to get the account started again. Now-a-days, most of the banks provide printed application forms to their customers to open a closed account, in which only some basic information related to the account has to be filled. But in some banks, to open a closed account, an application has to be given on a plain page. Let us know how to write applications to open a closed bank account and what are the documents required to open a closed bank account.
How to Open Closed Bank Account
- You will have to go to your bank branch, where you will have to ask for the account opening form from the branch employee.
- Some information has to be filled in the account opening print form provided by the branch employee.
- In order not to provide the print form for opening a closed account by the branch employee, the application for opening the account will have to be written on a plain page only.
- Attach the photocopy of passbook and Aadhaar card along with the application form and submit it to the employee. After which the closed account is made operational by the employee.
- Read Also Edelweiss Tokio Term Insurance Plan
Bank Account Opening Application
mr branch manager
(Write the name and location of the bank here)
Subject- Application for revival of closed account
I humbly state that I am (insert your name here) account number (insert account number here) account holder of your bank. Due to some personal reasons I was unable to do transactions from the account for some time due to which our account has been closed by your bank branch. Sir, I request you to try to get my account started again, so that I can complete the process of deposit-withdrawal in my account again, I will always be grateful to you for this!
your trust account holder (your name) Account Number - (xyz) Mobile Number - (xyz) (Signature)
What are the documents required to open a closed bank account?
Photocopy of application form, Aadhaar card and passbook may be required to open a closed bank account.
In how many days does the closed bank account become active?
The closed bank account becomes operational within about 24 to 48 hours.