Most of the people want to know ,How to open Post Office Saving Account because at present the maximum interest is being received in post office savings account as compared to other banks. Any Indian citizen can take advantage of banking facilities as well as government schemes by opening a savings account in the post office with just Rs 500. If you have come to know how to open a savings account in the post office , then this article is very important for you, in this article detailed information has been given on how to open a savings account in the post office and what documents are required .
Benefits of Post Office Savings Account
- Single, joint, minor or other types of accounts can be opened very easily in the post office.
- A savings account with check book can be opened with just Rs.500.
- Up to 4% interest is given in post office savings account, which is more than other banks.
- There is no tax on interest of Rs 10,000 in a financial year. At the same time, TDS is not deducted on interest of 50 thousand for people above 60 years.
- Services like Passbook, Debit Card, Checkbook, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking are available for Post Office Savings Account.
- Benefits of government schemes such as Atal Pension Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana etc. are given.
- Post office savings account can be used to get government schemes or any kind of subsidy money.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, PPF Account, Senior Citizen Account etc. can be linked with Post Office Savings Account.
- After closing the Post Office Savings Account at any time, if needed, the entire money in the account can be withdrawn.
Eligibility to Open Savings Account in Post Office
- It is necessary to be an Indian citizen.
- Must be a government certified document.
- If the age of the child is less than 10 years, the account will be opened on behalf of the guardian.
- Children above the age of ten can open an account in their own name.
- Only two persons can join the joint account.
Documents required for opening savings account in post office
- Account opening form received from post office
- Passport size latest photograph of the applicant
- PAN Card, Mobile Number and Email ID
- Aadhaar, Voter, Driving License, MNREGA Job Card, Ration Card any one of these
- Aadhar of minor child, school ID and document of guardian
How to Open Post Office Savings Account?
- Account opening form will have to be taken from the employee by going to the nearest post office branch.
- The complete information has to be filled correctly in the account opening form.
- Mandatory documents have to be attached with the account opening form.
- The joining form and the minimum deposit amount have to be deposited with the employee.
- The account is opened after the employee inspects the form.
How to open post office savings account online?
There is no facility to open online savings account in post office. But its official website can download account opening form?
How much does it cost to open a savings account in the post office?
Savings account opens in post office with check book in just Rs.500.