A few years back the Jan-Dhan Yojana has been started by the central government to connect the poor and backward class people with banking facilities. . Under this scheme, account can be opened in zero rupees, and there is no need to maintain minimum balance in the account. If you want to open Jan Dhan account from mobile sitting at home then this article is very important for you, in this article detailed information has been given on how to open Jan Dhan account from mobile and what documents are required to open Jan Dhan account from mobile .
Benefits of opening Jan Dhan account from mobile
- Jan Dhan account can be opened without minimum charges.
- There is no requirement of minimum balance in the account.
- You get the benefit of interest on the money deposited in the account.
- The account holder gets the facility of overdraft.
- Free passbook and domestic ATM are given.
- Netbanking and mobile banking facility is available.
- Benefits of various types of government schemes are given.
- Read Also Kotak E-Term Plan & Benefits
Eligibility to open Jan Dhan account from mobile
- It is necessary to be an Indian citizen.
- Age should be 10 years or more.
- Must be a government certified document.
Documents required to open Jan Dhan account from mobile
- Passport size photograph of the account opener
- Must have Aadhaar or other card for identification.
- Electricity bill should be there for proof of residence.
- Aadhaar for children, and there should be a document of the guardian.
How to open Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account from mobile
- Hindi or English Jan Dhan account form will have to be downloaded by visiting the website of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- In the downloaded Jan Dhan account form, the correct information has to be filled clearly.
- After filling the Jan Dhan account form, the necessary documents have to be attached along with it.
- The merger form has to be submitted to the bank or customer service center where the account will be opened after checking the merger form.
When was the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana started?
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was started on 28 August 2014.
Who can apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
All Indians can apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
In which bank the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account is opened?
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account is opened in almost all government and private banks.
With how much money can the Prime Minister Jan Dhan account be opened?
Prime Minister Jan Dhan account opens with zero rupees.
Which is the best bank to open Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account?
The best banks to open a Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account are SBI, Baroda Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank and other public sector banks.
Can I open Jan Dhan account online?
No, any bank does not open Jan Dhan account completely online. For this one may have to go to the bank branch or customer service center.