Nowadays, to open an account in the bank, along with Aadhaar card, other documents are required, but most of the people have only Aadhaar, due to which the bankers refuse to open their account. If you also have only Aadhaar card and you want to open bank account only with Aadhaar card, then this article is very important for you, detailed information of how to open bank account only with Aadhaar card has been given in this article, so read the article.
Eligibility to open bank account with Aadhaar card
- It is necessary to be an Indian citizen.
- Age should be 18 years or more.
- Must have Aadhaar Card, Mobile Number, Email.
- In the absence of PAN card, Form 60 should be filled with details.
- The child can open a minor savings account on his own with Aadhaar and father’s document.
Documents required for opening bank account other than Aadhaar
- Latest passport size color photograph of the person opening the account
- Mobile number and email address of the person opening the account
- Aadhaar card and electricity bill for identity and residence proof.
- In the absence of PAN card, Form 60 will have to be filled, which can be obtained from the bank branch.
- For minor account own Aadhaar and guardian’s Aadhaar, PAN card should be there.
Benefits of opening a bank account with Aadhaar card
- Jan Dhan savings account can be opened in zero rupees only with Aadhaar card, in which there is no compulsion to maintain minimum balance. The benefit of interest on the money deposited in this account, the benefit of government schemes, and free passbook, ATM card, internet banking and mobile banking facilities are given.
- A normal savings account can be opened through Aadhaar card and Form 60 of the Income Tax Department. In which the benefit of interest is available on the deposited money. And passbook, checkbook, ATM card as well as various types of banking facilities are also provided.
- Read Also Kotak Life Insurance Term Plan
How to open bank account Only Using Aadhar Card
Bank account can be opened offline and online with Aadhaar card:-
how to open bank account offline with aadhar card
To open a normal savings account, one has to go to the nearest bank branch and collect the account opening form from the employee and Form 60 issued by the Income Tax Department in case of non-availability of PAN card, and by filling the correct details in both these forms, attach a photocopy of the Aadhaar card with it. After which all the joining forms and the minimum amount have to be deposited with the employee. The account is opened after checking the attachment form by the employee. On the other hand, Jan Dhan savings account is opened in zero rupees and Form 60 of the Income Tax Department does not have to be filled in the absence of PAN card. Children can also open a zero-rupee savings account by adopting the same process with the help of their own Aadhaar and guardian’s Aadhaar, PAN card.
how to open bank account online with aadhar card
No bank provides the facility of opening an account completely online only through Aadhaar card. But Jan Dhan account can be opened only through Aadhaar. For this Jan Dhan account opening form has to be downloaded from the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana website, and can open an account by going to the bank with the necessary documents.
Apart from Aadhaar card, what are the documents required to open a bank account?
Apart from Aadhaar card, passport size photo, PAN card, and electricity bill are required to open a bank account.
In which banks can an account be opened only with Aadhaar card?
Account can be opened in almost all banks with just Aadhaar card.
How to open account with Aadhaar card without going to bank?
You can open an account online with Aadhaar card without going to the bank. For this, one has to apply by going to the official website or app of the bank. But full KYC will have to be done through video KYC, or will have to go to the bank branch.