If you want to open an account in Karnataka Bank then this article is very important for you. Because this article contains detailed information on how to open an account in Karnataka Bank and what are the documents required to open an account in Karnataka Bank .
How to Open an Account in Karnataka Bank?
You can open an account in Karnataka Bank through offline and online mode:-
- Read Also LIC Term Plan With Maturity Benefit
How to open offline account in Karnataka Bank?
- Visit the nearest branch of Karnataka Bank.
- New account opening form will have to be asked from the bank employee.
- Correct information has to be filled in the opening form.
- Mandatory documents have to be attached with the form.
- The joining form and the minimum amount will have to be deposited with the employee.
- The employee will open the account after checking the application form.
How to open online account in Karnataka Bank?
- Go to the official website of Karnataka Bank.
- Select Saving Account under Personal.
- A form will open in which personal information has to be submitted.
- KYC documents such as PAN, address proof and identity proof have to be attached.
- Can submit KYC documents through video call. For this, location, camera, microphone can be used on the smartphone.
- After completing the process of Video Kyc, the account will be completely opened. Customer ID and account number will be provided by the bank through SMS. And check book, passbook, debit card and other documents will be sent through post. After this, you can do transactions from your account.
Benefits of Opening an Account with Karnataka Bank
- The benefit of higher rate of interest is given on the deposited money.
- ATM card and check book facility for the account.
- Netbanking and Mobile Banking facility available.
Eligibility to Open an Account with Karnataka Bank
- The person opening the account should be an Indian citizen.
- The age of the person opening the account should be 18 years and above.
- The person opening the account should have a document certified by the Government of India.
- Children can open minor savings account with the help of their parents.
Documents Required for Opening an Account with Karnataka Bank
1 Recent passport size color photograph of the person opening the account.
- Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, NREGA Job Card, Driving License, Passport any one of these for identity proof.
- Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Passport, Electricity Bill any one of these for residence proof.
- In case of non-availability of PAN card, copy of PAN card Form 60 will have to be given along with reasons.
- Aadhaar card, school ID, and parent’s document for opening a minor savings account.
- Certificate of date of birth may have to be given in case of minor and senior citizen.
- What kind of bank is Karnataka Bank?
Karnataka Bank is a commercial bank, through which various types of account opening facilities are given to its customers. Along with this, various types of banking facilities are provided.
- Is Karnataka Bank Government or Private ?
Karnataka Bank is a private limited bank.
- Karnataka Bank is the bank of which country?
Karnataka Bank is an indigenous Indian bank.
- What is the age limit for opening an account with Karnataka Bank?
One must be 18 years of age to open an account with Karnataka Bank. Children below this age can open an account with the help of their parents.
- How much does it cost to open an account in Karnataka Bank?
SB General Account in Karnataka Bank starts from Rs.200 without check book and Rs.1000 with check book. Apart from this, the account is also opened in zero rupees.
- What are the requirements to open an account in Karnataka?
Photo, identity proof and residence proof are required to open an account with Karnataka Bank.
- How to open zero account in Karnataka Bank?
Zero account can be opened in Karnataka Bank with the help of its official website .
- How long does it take to open an account in Karnataka?
It takes 1 to 2 working days for account opening in Karnataka Bank branch. Whereas online account opening takes only a few minutes/hours.
- How much interest is available in Karnataka Bank?
Karnataka Bank offers 3% to 5% interest on savings accounts.
- Can I open zero balance account in Karnataka Bank?
Yes, zero balance account can be opened in Karnataka Bank.