Indian Overseas Bank is one of the famous public sector banks of the country at present, whose branches are spread in different parts of the country, And the best banking facilities are being provided by this bank. If you want to open an account in Indian Overseas Bank , then this article is very important for you, because in this article detailed information has been given on how to open an account in Indian Overseas Bank and What are the requirements to open an account in Indian Overseas Bank.
How to Open an Account in Indian Overseas Bank?
The easiest and simplest way to open an account with Indian Overseas Bank is as follows:-
Visit the nearest branch of Indian Overseas Bank.
Ask the branch employee for the account opening form.
Fill the form clearly and correctly.
Attach the required documents with the form.
Deposit the minimum deposit amount with the employee along with the attached form.
The branch staff will open the account after checking the application form.
Benefits of Opening an Account with Indian Overseas Bank
The money of the account holder is safe.
Interest is earned on the money deposited in the account.
Check book and ATM card facility is available.
Netbanking and mobile banking facilities are provided.
- Read Also SBI Smart Shield Plan
Eligibility for Opening an Account with Indian Overseas Bank
One must be an Indian resident to open an account.
Must be 18 years of age to open an account.
The document should be attested by the Government of India.
Minimum age of 10 years for account of children.
What are the Documents Required to Open an Account with Indian Overseas Bank?
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Mobile Number and Email ID.
- PAN card and minimum deposit amount.
- For Identity Proof (Aadhaar, Voter, Driving License one of these)
- For residence proof (Voter, Indian passport, electricity bill one of these)
- Aadhaar, school ID and documents of parents or any other guardian are required to open a child’s account.
- Is Indian Overseas Bank government or private ?
Indian Overseas Bank is the famous government bank of the country.
- Who is the owner of Indian Overseas Bank?
Indian Overseas Bank is owned by the Government of India.
- What is the age requirement to open an account with Indian Overseas Bank?
One must be 18 years of age to open an account with Indian Overseas Bank. Children below this age can open an account with the help of their parents or guardian.
- With how much rupees does the account open in Indian Overseas Bank?
In Indian Overseas Bank account can be opened from Rs 500 without check book and Rs 1000 with check book. Apart from this, Jan Dhan account can be opened in zero rupees.
- What are the requirements to open an account with Indian Overseas Bank?
Passport size photo, Aadhaar card, Voter card, Driving license, PAN card, Electricity bill, Minimum deposit amount is required to open an account in Indian Overseas Bank. While Aadhaar card, school ID, parent or other guardian’s documents and signature may be required to open the account of children.
- How to open offline account in Indian Overseas Bank?
One has to visit the nearest branch of Indian Overseas Bank where one can apply along with the account opening form and necessary documents.
- How to open Indian Overseas Bank account online
To open an online account in Indian Overseas Bank, one has to visit its official website , where you can apply with necessary documents and open an account through video KYC.
- How long does it take to open an account with Indian Overseas Bank?
It takes 2 to 3 working days to open an account at an Indian Overseas Bank branch. While applying online may take up to 72 hours.