If you want to open an account in the post office, then this article is very important for you. Because this article contains detailed information on how to open an account in the post office and what documents are required to open an account in the post office .
How to Open Saving Account in Post Office?
Savings account can be opened in post office through offline and online medium:-
How to Open Offline Account in Post Office?
- Visit the branch nearest to the post office.
- Post office account opening form will have to be asked from the employee.
- Correct information has to be filled in the opening form.
- All mandatory documents must be attached with the form.
- The joining form and the minimum amount have to be deposited with the employee.
- The employee will open the account after verifying the attachment form.
- Read Also Bajaj Allianz Saral Life Insurance
How to Open Account Online in Post Office?
- Will have to go to the official website of the post office. Or download IPPB Mobile Banking Application from Play Store.
- Allow all the permissions asked in order to download and open the IPPB app.
- On opening the IPPB app, after clicking on Open Your Account Now, the Post Office Zero Balance Account Opening Form will open.
- After entering mobile number, pen card number in the form and clicking on Continue, an OTP will come which will have to be submitted.
- A new page will open, in which after entering the Aadhaar card number and ticking the term and condition box, continuously clicking on the submit button, an OTP will be received again, which will have to be submitted by putting it in the box.
- In the next page, Pan card, address, additional information and account information and all other details have to be filled and click on the submit button.
- After filling all the details and finally clicking on the confirm button, an OTP will be generated, which after clicking on verify and submit button, account number, customer ID and other information will be received through SMS.
What is the Advantage of Opening an Account in the Post Office?
- Benefit of high interest rate on money deposited in the account.
- Debit card and check book facility for the account.
- Netbanking and Mobile Banking facility available.
- Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima, Jeevan Bima Yojana.
- Benefits of Atal Pension and other government schemes.
Eligibility to Open Account in Post Office
- There should be a minimum amount of at least Rs.500 to open an account.
- The person opening the account should be an Indian citizen.
- The age of the person opening the account should be 18 years and above.
- The person opening the account should have a document certified by the government.
- The account can be opened on behalf of the guardian if the child is below 10 years of age.
- If the age of the child is more than 10 years, the account can be opened in his name.
- Only two adults can join the joint account.
Documents Required for Opening Account in Post Office
1 Passport size color photograph of the person opening the account.
- Any one of Aadhaar, Voter, PAN card, Driving license, Indian passport for identity proof.
- Aadhaar, Voter, Passport, MNREGA job card any one of these for residence proof.
- Mobile Number, Email ID and Minimum Deposit Amount.
- What is the post office customer care number?
The post office customer care number is 18002666868.
- Is the post office government or private ?
Post office is a government institution.
3. Which country’s bank is the post office?
The post office is an indigenous Indian institution.
4. What is the age limit for opening an account in the post office?
One must be 18 years of age to open an account in the post office. Children below this age can open the account with the help of their parents.
5. With how much money the account is opened in the post office?
The account is opened in the post office with just Rs.500. Apart from this, accounts can also be opened in zero rupees.
- What are the requirements to open a post office account?
Photo, identity proof and residence proof are required to open an account in the post office.
7. How to open zero account in post office?
Zero account can be opened in the post office with the help of its official website.
8. How long does it take to open an account in the post office?
It takes 1 to 2 working days to open an account in a post office branch. Whereas online account opening takes only a few minutes/hours.
9. How much interest is available in the post office?
Savings accounts in the post office get 4 percent interest annually.
10. Can I open zero balance account in post office?
Yes, zero balance account can be opened in post office.
11. Can I open a child’s account in the post office ?
Yes, a child’s account can be opened in the post office, but for this the child’s Aadhaar, birth certificate and documents of the mother or father will be attached.